
Warning: This article contains discussion of domestic violence which some readers may find distressing.
Police have launched an investigation after a Married At First Sight Australia groom was accused of 'toxic' behaviour on the show.
The hit reality TV show has sparked major backlash online after contestant Paul Antoine allegedly punched a wall next to his bride, Carina Mirabile, on the TV programme - a move which Channel 4 viewers at home have branded 'disturbing' and a major 'red flag'.
Taking to social media to share their outrage, one X user hit out: "So, has anyone picked up on Paul saying he’s never acted this way in the past, but he stated that whenever he feels trapped, he lashes out.
Advert
"To go straight to punching a door in anger. This guy is not a good bloke."
A second slammed: "And there it is ladies and gentlemen, Paul is a f**king red flag with poor emotional regulation, and blaming his partner instead. GROSS."
"Get this man out of my tv. Such a loser and dangerous behaviour. He can't control himself. Therefore, let me punch the wall, but HEY! I do it so, I don't do it too you. Paul's tears are soo FAKE!!" another chimed in.
And a fourth echoed: "If this is how Paul behaves with cameras & an audience, imagine what he’s like behind closed doors. I wonder if this weren’t on TV, if he didn’t have to face the group, would he actually be remorseful? It’s dangerous. Very disturbing."
Advert

According to New South Wales police, an investigation has been launched following such allegations.
"The matter has been referred to officers from South Sydney Police Area Command, who have commenced an investigation," NSW Police confirmed in a statement.
"As the investigation is current, police will not be making any further comment in relation to the matter."
Advert
Government agency, SafeWork, also confirmed earlier this week on Monday (3 March) that it had received a report of an alleged work health and safety issue related to a MAFS episode and was considering the report.
A recent episode of the show saw Antoine and Mirabile separately recount an argument they had the night before that allegedly came to a peak with the former punching the wall of their shared bedroom.

The incident reportedly happened when Mirabile told Antoine and the other contestants that she had been romantically engaged with a rapper whose music they were listening to in an Uber.
Advert
She said he became 'really angry' and that the situation 'escalated really quickly' until he allegedly punched the wall in their apartment with Mirabile saying he then left and didn't return for the night.
"I felt anxious waking up this morning, a little bit on-edge and sad," she said on the programme.
The bride and groom eventually reunited with Antoine apologising whilst crying as he claimed something like that would never happen again and explained he felt 'disrespected' by her comment.

Advert
Production companies Nine and Endemol Shine have since released a statement on the matter, explaining that the contestants went through background checks and said the companies 'take their obligations in respect to the health and wellbeing of the participants of this program extremely seriously'.
"All participants have access to the show psychologist and welfare resources during filming, during broadcast and once the program has ended,” the statement continued.
"We would always cooperate with authorities in any investigation, we will not be making any further comment at this time."
If you are experiencing domestic violence, please know that you are not alone. You can talk in confidence to the national domestic violence helpline Refuge on 0808 2000 247, available 24/7, or via live chat, available 10am-10pm, Monday to Friday.
Topics: Married At First Sight Australia, Married At First Sight, Celebrity, Reality TV, Crime, Sex and Relationships, TV And Film, Channel 4