tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Metropolitan Police To Reinvestigate Caroline Flack Case After Complaint
Home>News
Updated 14:23 15 May 2024 GMT+1Published 08:57 14 Feb 2022 GMT

Metropolitan Police To Reinvestigate Caroline Flack Case After Complaint

The Metropolitan Police received complaints from Flack’s mother, Christine.

Kimberley Bond

Kimberley Bond

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: PA

Topics: Caroline Flack, Celebrity, News, Police

Kimberley Bond
Kimberley Bond

Kim is a journalist at Tyla, and has previously worked at the Evening Standard, Radio Times as well as several national newspapers. A showbiz obsessive and a television fanatic, Kim is particularly interested in celebrity gossip, A-list events and the latest releases on either the big or small screen. Contact her at [email protected]

X

@0xKimberley

Advert

Advert

Advert

The Metropolitan Police are set to reinvestigate their handling of Caroline Flack's arrest after her mother, Christine, complained about the star's treatment by the force.

Former Love Island host Caroline took her own life in February 2020, after she learned prosecutors were intending to press ahead with an assault charge following a domestic incident involving her then-boyfriend, Lewis Burton.

Christine Flack said her daughter was treated differently by law enforcers due to her level of fame.

Caroline Flack was the host of many popular TV shows (
Alamy)

Advert

Now, a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police has told the BBC that the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has urged the force to reinvestigate due to Christine’s complaint.

The MPS spokesperson said: "Following a review, the IOPC agreed with the MPS that service was acceptable in relation to seven areas of the complaints relating to the response and handling of the incident by the MPS.

Christine Flack had complained to police (
Channel 4)

"The IOPC has directed the MPS to reinvestigate one element of the complaints. This relates to the process involved in appealing the CPS decision to caution Ms Flack.

"We will re-examine this element of the investigative process. Our thoughts and sympathies remain with Caroline's family."

Christine had initially complained in March 2020, enquiring about the Met Police’s duty of care towards her daughter after she was arrested and charged.

Christine, who spoke at length about her daughter’s suicide in Channel 4 documentary, Caroline Flack: Her Life And Death, believes the police’s decision to charge Caroline was a major contributing factor to her death.

Caroline's death was two years ago this month (
Alamy)

Speaking to BBC News, Christine explained: “She couldn't see a way out. I just want the truth out there. And it won't bring her back. I know it won't bring it back. But I've got to do it for her.”

Christine added she has since “lost trust” in the police service following Caroline’s death.

Tuesday, 15th February 2022 will mark the two year anniversary since Caroline’s suicide.

If you have been affected by the content of this article, contact Mind on 0300 123 3393, or email [email protected]. You are not alone

  • Beekeeper unleashes swarm of bees onto police officers who tried to evict elderly man from home
  • Police give identity update on three women whose bodies were found off popular beach
  • Rob Reiner's son Nick 'booked for murder' as police issue update after Hollywood director and wife were found dead in home
  • Mother searching for missing son, 6, tragically finds him dead after 80ft fall

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
2 days ago
  • University of Genoa
    an hour ago

    Bodies of four missing Maldives divers have been found

    Italy's foreign ministry told the BBC that the four missing bodies have now been found

    News
  • Maldives National Defence Force
    3 hours ago

    Maldives missing divers search suspended after military diver dies

    Mohamed Mahudhee, a Staff Sergeant in the Maldives, died of decompression sickness after being transferred to a hospital following a search

    News
  • Family handout
    2 days ago

    Mum who drowned after head got stuck in seaside rocks ‘could have been saved’

    An inquest was held earlier today (15 May) regarding Saffron Cole-Nottage's tragic death last February

    News
  • Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
    2 days ago

    Mother searching for missing son, 6, tragically finds him dead after 80ft fall

    Nashville Police have issued a statement following the tragic incident

    News