tyla homepage
tyla homepage
  • News
    • Politics
    • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
  • Life
    • Animals
    • Food & Drink
    • Women's Health
    • Mental Health
    • Sex & Relationships
    • Travel
    • Real Life
  • TV & Film
    • True Crime
    • Tyla Recommends
  • Astrology
  • Beauty
    • Hair
    • Make-up
    • Skincare
  • Style
    • Home
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • GAMINGbible
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
TikTok
Submit Your Content
Reason Prince Harry and Meghan Markle turned down family invite this Christmas revealed
Home>News>Royal Family
Updated 12:16 30 Dec 2024 GMTPublished 12:02 30 Dec 2024 GMT

Reason Prince Harry and Meghan Markle turned down family invite this Christmas revealed

The family were invited the spend Christmas in the UK

Mia Williams

Mia Williams

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Gabriel Aponte/Getty Images/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Topics: Royal Family, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Christmas

Mia Williams
Mia Williams

Advert

Advert

Advert

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle turned down Christmas with royal relatives for an ‘important reason’.

While the rift between the royals is widely known about, there are some members of the family that Harry and Meghan are still in good contact with.

So good in fact, that they were invited to spend Christmas at a royal estate.

According to royal biographer Ingrid Seward, despite being offered to spend the big day at Althorp House, the Northampton, U.K, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex ‘prioritised’ their children being at home.

Advert

The estate is owned by the late Princess Diana's younger brother, Charles, Earl Spencer.

Talking to the Mirror, Seward said: “Harry and Meghan were invited for Christmas at Althorp with thrice-married Uncle Charles, now Earl Spencer, but have decided to stay in California.”

The family-of-four spent Christmas in California. (Gabriel Aponte/Getty Images)
The family-of-four spent Christmas in California. (Gabriel Aponte/Getty Images)

The couple have visited Althorp House on multiple occasions over the last few years, and Earl Spencer continues to support Harry’s work.

The duke's uncle attended his nephew's Invictus Games' 10th anniversary service in London May 8.

According to the insider, it was important to Meghan that the children have ‘connective memories’ of spending Thanksgiving and Christmas at home.

He added: “Meghan says it’s important for her that Archie and Lilibet can have ‘connective memories’ of Thanksgiving and Christmas at home and enjoy the traditions like putting out ‘carrots for the reindeer.’"

It’s been reported that the family-of-four spent Christmas at their home in Montecito, California.

And the only other member of the family invited was Meghan’s mum, Doria Ragland.

The Prince and Princess of Wales were seen on Christmas Day at Sandringham House. (Samir Hussein/WireImage)
The Prince and Princess of Wales were seen on Christmas Day at Sandringham House. (Samir Hussein/WireImage)

Meghan has previously spoken about the magic of Christmas with her two young children - Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3.

During a November interview with Marie Claire, the Duchess said: “At first, I think, as a mom with children, you’re just enjoying having them there, but they’re not understanding everything that’s happening yet.

“But now we’re at the age where I just can’t wait to see it through their lens every year.”

She noted that every ‘holiday’ is a ‘new adventure’.

The Sussex’s released a controversial Christmas card earlier in the month, which read: “On behalf of the office of Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Archewell Productions and Archewell Foundation, we wish you a very happy holiday season and a joyful new year.”

The card gave royal fans a glimpse at the children, who were last seen by the public during a brief appearance in the couple's Harry & Meghan docuseries, which landed on Netflix back in 2022.

Choose your content:

23 mins ago
3 hours ago
19 hours ago
20 hours ago
  • Getty Stock Images
    23 mins ago

    Call for vaping to be treated like smoking and banned indoors

    Around one in 10 adults uses e-cigarettes every day or occasionally, according to the Office for National Statistics

    News
  • JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated over 'sexual misconduct' as police share new details

    Thames Valley Police have issued a statement regarding the former Duke of York

    News
  • Getty Stock Images
    19 hours ago

    Scientists discover women with Alzheimer's suffer from three major health issues more than men

    Alzheimer’s disease can affect memory, thinking skills and other mental abilities

    News
  • Sean Gallup/Getty Images
    20 hours ago

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's mother Queen Elizabeth II was 'very keen' on ex-Prince taking on 'prominent role'

    Prince Andrew, as he was formerly known, was arrested by Thames Valley Police in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office

    News
  • Heartwarming meaning behind Prince Harry's anniversary gift to Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry makes brutal dig about Meghan Markle while making family admission
  • Prince Harry revealed Prince William’s four-word demand when responding to Meghan Markle pregnancy news
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry release second 'never-before-seen' Christmas card photo