
An investigation has been launched after Prince Harry announced his resignation from his Sentebale charity amid 'bullying' claims.
Late last month, the Duke of Sussex announced his resignation from the charity he established 20 years ago, in 2006.
He set up Sentebale in Lesotho, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana, in order to help children and young people particularly those with HIV and Aids alongside Prince Seeiso.
Advert
However, the pair have since stepped down as charity patrons after a dispute with the chairwoman of the board, Dr Sophie Chandauka, who requested her resignation.
In a statement, they said their resignations came 'with heavy hearts', adding that it was 'devastating that the relationship between the charity's trustees and the chair of the board broke down beyond repair, creating an untenable situation'.

Dr Chandauka later accused a 'toxic' Duke of Sussex of trying to cover up bullying claims.
Advert
In an interview with Sky News that was broadcast on Sunday (30 March), Dr Chandauka said she wants to 'set the record straight'.
Alleging that Harry attempted to cover up her complaints of bullying, harassment and misogyny within the charity, she said: "Prince Harry interfered in the investigation of that and the senior independent director who should have taken care of it was the very same person who then delivered the news to me that I was going to be removed by the board.
“So it’s a cover-up and the prince is involved."
Since then, the Charity Commission has announced that it has opened a case into 'concerns raised' about the Sentebale charity.
Advert
The commission said it had informed the charity on Wednesday (2 April) that it had 'opened a regulatory compliance case to examine concerns raised about the charity'.
This allows the watchdog to 'gather evidence and assess the compliance of the charity and trustees past and present with their legal duties' and responsibilities under charity law.
It is not the same as a statutory inquiry.
The commission, which said the decision to open a case came after assessing initial concerns raised, said it is in 'direct contact with parties who have raised concerns'.
Advert
Regulatory compliance cases can lead to a range of outcomes, including an official warning being given to a charity or a statutory inquiry being opened, which can give the commission additional powers of investigation.
Topics: Prince Harry, UK News, News, Royal Family